Australia AwardsAustralia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia's partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
If you intend to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you are encouraged to complete either an IELTS, TOEFL or PTE language examination well before your application due.
What benefits are provided as part of Australia Awards Scholarships?
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel - payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance-a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) - is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) - a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only) - provided to cover the student's basic medical costs
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar's academic success or enhance their academic experience
Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
Scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
Opening date: 1 February 2019
Closing date: 30 April 2019
For Further information
For information about Australia Awards Scholarships including English language requirements visit: www.australiaawardsnepal.org
Contract the Australia Awards Nepal Country Office:
It is important to visit official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more details/Original Scholarship Link:
Australia Awards – Intake 2019
RECOMMENDED ARTICLES FOR YOU :
1. Top USA Scholarships for International Students
2. Top UK Scholarships for International Students
3. Top Scholarships from Canadian Universities and Colleges for International Students
4. Top Scholarships for International Students in Netherlands